Application Virtualization refers to the storage of applications and computing processed on the server. Any application can be accessed and used on any device from any location. The problems with conflicting applications with the wrong version of OS are eliminated. Generally, any application can be accessed from any device with the correct security credentials.
Some benefits of Application Virtualization include:
- Application Virtualization quickly adds to the bottom-line with increased up-time and security
- Remote access to any application in a secure manner
- Update applications just once on the server, not on each PC
- Reduce management costs for maintaining applications and PCs
- Eliminate software conflicts with Microsoft or Macintosh operating systems
In the near future, most company applications will run virtually.